Snails of Tusey

Activity: Snails

Address: 9, place de Tusey, 55140 VAUCOULEURS

Contact: TERLIN Philippe and Marina;  03.29.89.69.25;06.95.21.85.55

Address mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

Extracted informations from the promotional brochure available at the Tourist Office of the Township of Vaucouleurs.

 

Who are we?

We raise and cook snails "Helix Aspesa Maxima" alias "gros gris" and this in a strict respect for animals and  the environment. After having obtained in a year a BPREA ( professional patent responsible farming) with the heliciole specificity in CFPPA of Besançon.

Our Commitements

Our favorite and tasty gastropods pass, no less than 14 times in our hands, after harvest, to guarantee and to propose a 100 percent farmer product purely from meuse. Excellence, recognized, as our production is certified Meuse and wonderful and welcome to the farm! named CE FR 55.530.013 CE.

Our Production

We procduce, in a green an full of history, about 210 000 "GROSGRIS". Thier growth is naturally fast between 90 and 120 days. Indeed, the flesh that we raise; much softer and refined than that of any other species, including that of "HELIX Pomatia" alias "Snails of Bourgogne" who will put minimum 5 years to get to the same stage

 The Snail our Culinary Heritage

Each year around 35 000 tonnes of snails are eaten in france, barely 2 percent occurred on the territory, about 350 helicicultors. The remaining 98 percent come from countries of the East or even Asia (achatine which is not a snail). While the snail is a dish which constite of our culinary DNA. Consuming tusey snail is preserving and protecting the quality of french snail, also donated a real fair trade near.

Tast Our Recipes

Treat yourself to our delicious traditional recipes, that we created to showcase the delicate flesh of the BIG-gray. We offer mouth starts to share as an apetizer or starter.

Declination of croquilles in persley butter, cheese and tomato! others in prepartions.

You will find our traditional snail shell and also our snails, the broth house, who accommodate in many recipes.

We deep-frozen (-34 in one hour, in the heart of the product) our recipes to guarentee excellence because it is to this day, one of the best preservation methods for both server, texture and protein over 12 months!.

Visits and Discoveries

Come and visit us from May to Sepetember to discover our amazing job, and the fascinating history of the castle of tusey. Contact us for our visiting conditions for groups and individuals. The tour last about 2h30min and may be accompanied by a tasting.

Opening Hours and Days

March 1st - April 30th

October 1st - November 30th 

Monday - Friday, 9:30am to 12:00pm and from 2:00pm to 6:00pm

Saturday, 10:00am to 12:00pm

May 1st - September 30th

Monday - Saturday, 9:30am to 12:00pm and from 2:00pm to 6:00pm

Sundays and bank holidays, 2:00pm to 6:00pm

December 1st - February 28th

Monday - Friday, 9:30am to 12:00pm and from 1:30pm to 6:00pm

Contact Informations

Tourist Office of Vaucouleurs Township

15 rue Jeanne d'Arc 

55140 VAUCOULEURS

03.29.89.51.82 or 06.75.89.81.99

Contact Form

Social Networking

 

 You can follow us on social networks by clicking on the following links below!

Facebook

Twitter